Maryama Addow - Success Coach
Hello, my name is Maryama Addow and I am a Success Coach from The Family Centre working at John D. Bracco. At The Family Centre, we believe that "Everyone Can Succeed." With the right tools and opportunities, people can make choices that lead to success. Our mission is to foster "Healthy Individuals, Healthy Homes, Schools & Workplaces, Healthy Communities and Neighborhoods."
I engage students in positive relationships to empower them to become positive actors within the school communtiy, increase school attendance, begin to succeed academically, reduce high risk behaviors, increase positive behaviors, develop positive goals, and begin to see themselves as having the potential for future success.
I connect with students at the school in the following ways:
- Formal Work - working with youths on a one-on-one basis. Using assessment tools to engage students to develop, set goals and work towards their success.
- Short Term Engagements - informal support for students as needed
- Groups - work with youth through specific group programming to promote literacy, healthy relationships, like skills, leadership, well being and culture.
- Capacity Building - develop innovative and creative programming to meet the individual needs of the school.
- Transitions - support with educational transitions. Provide summer opportunities for youth who otherwise would not have the ability to participate in healthy activities over the summer.
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment for your child, please contact the school office at 780-475-1760 extension 2307.